Health Tips and News To Use
by Richard Markland - World News Bulletin
Subject: From Richard Markland: Bootleg Shots Verified In Poisonings
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:28:34 -0500
How many millions of women have been duped into believing that aging is the most horrifying curse possible? The following report is further evidence of an abuse upon an increasing number of victims by a system which will go to any lengths in order to make a profit. An isolated case? It is little realized just how many specialists in the medical field will go to any length in order to make money. A very costly lesson continues to be learned by an uninformed and naive public- Richard Markland
Bootleg Shots Verified In Poisonings
Palm Beach Post, December 14, 2004
The Food and Drug Administration confirmed Monday that four people paralyzed by anti-wrinkle injections last month in Florida did not receive licensed Botox.
Instead, their faces were injected with a bootleg product that contained at least 200 times the life-threatening botulism toxin used in the licensed cosmetic preparation. The shots they received were reformulated by an unlicensed doctor at a Broward clinic, an FDA affidavit indicates.
Allergan Inc.-the only federally approved U.S. manufacturer of Botox, a trademarked, injectable anti-aging treatment-did not produce the shots that landed the four in intensive care with botulism poisoning, according to the FDA affidavit filed in federal court in San Jose, Calif.
Palm Beach Gardens chiropractor Eric Kaplan, 52, and his wife, Bonnie, 53, remain in critical condition on ventilators at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. They became ill shortly after getting shots of what they thought was Botox, their son told investigators.
Bach McComb, an osteopathic physician, is believed to have administered the shots. McComb was stripped of his Florida medical license this year.
If Americans were honest with themselves, how many look upon colas as an absolute necessity? Few people realize that any given Pepsi or Coke has the equivalent of 11 teaspoons of sugar. How many of us can remember a time when colas did not exist. Is there a correlation between disease and products such as soft drinks? The only water many people drink is what has been put into the product itself. One clue as to how the soft drink industry has affected the average drinker is to look at the correlation between consumption and weight. Americans have a love affair with soft drinks and if people would be honest with themselves, the conclusion would be that it is a pleasure few are willing to part with.- Richard Markland
The Addicting Power Of Soft Drinks
By Dr. Joseph Mercola, 2004
These popular beverages account for more than a quarter of all drinks consumed in the United States.
More than 15 billion gallons were sold in the year 2000.
That works out to at least one 12-ounce can per day for every man, woman and child.
Kids are heavy consumers of soft drinks, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and they are guzzling soda pop at unprecedented rates.
Carbonated soda pop provides more added sugar in a typical 2-year-old toddler's diet than cookies, candies and ice cream combined.
Fifty-six percent of 8-year-olds down soft drinks daily, and a third of teenage boys drink at least three cans of soda pop per day.
Not only are soft drinks widely available everywhere, from fast food restaurants to video stores, they're now sold in 60 percent of all public and private middle schools and high schools nationwide, according to the National Soft Drink Association. A few schools are even giving away soft drinks to students who buy school lunches.
As soda pop becomes the beverage of choice among the nation's young--and as soda marketers focus on brand-building among younger and younger consumers--public health officials, school boards, parents, consumer groups and even the soft drink industry are faced with nagging questions:p
How healthful are these beverages, which provide a lot calories, sugars and caffeine but no significant nutritional value?
And what happens if you drink a lot of them at a very young age?
Last week, representatives of the soft drink industry, concerned that public opinion and public policy may turn against them, staged a three-day "fly-in" to lobby Congress to maintain soft drinks sales in schools; and to educate lawmakers on the "proper perspective" on soft drink use.
The industry plans to counter a U.S. Department of Agriculture proposal, announced in January, that would require all foods sold in schools to meet federal nutrition standards. That would mean that snack foods and soft drinks would have to meet the same standards as school lunches.
Nearly everyone by now has heard the litany on the presumed health of soft drinks:
What Are The Benefits Of Soft Drinks?
To Simply Satisfy A Craving For A Very Deadly Addiction!
Products With The Highest Sugar Content
Minute Maid Orange Soda (Coca-Cola Co.)
Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)
Dr Pepper (Cadbury Schweppes)
7Up (Cadbury Schweppes)
Sprite (Coca-Cola Co.)
Products With The Highest Caffeine Content
Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)
Dr Pepper (Cadbury Schweppes)
Minute Maid Orange Soda (Coca-Cola Co.)
Sprite (Coca-Cola Co.)
7Up (Cadbury Schweppes)
Products With The Highest Calorie Content
Minute Maid Orange Soda (Coca-Cola Co.) 180
Mountain Dew (PepsiCo) 165
Dr Pepper (Cadbury Schweppes) 160
Coca-Cola Classic 140>
Sprite (Coca-Cola Co.) 140
7Up (Cadbury Schweppes)
*Source: Dangers Of Liquid Candy
Natural Tips For Fighting A Cold
The Following Information Is From "The Doctors Book Of Home Remedies #2"
(unless otherwise specified)
What Are The Best Juices?
Orange, Tomato, Grapefruit or Pineapple Juice-At Least 5 glasses a day.
(Drinking Natural Spring Water Is Highly Recommended- Richard Markland)
Keep A Glass Of (Natural Spring) Water On The Nightstand.
Taking sips of water during the night moistens the nose and helps breathing.
What To Do For Chills
Drink tea made with a teaspoon of ground ginger in water.
A daily 45-minute walk can help speed recovery. A daily walk helps shake up and spread out natural killer cells. Exhaustive exercise will harm the immune system. Pacing yourself is important.
Over the counter drugs only make you sleepy.
Avoid Aspirin And Tylenol
Nasal passages can be blocked. Virus fighting antibodies are reduced. Aspirin for a child can contribute to Reye's syndrome, a life-threatening neurological condition.
Snort Salt Water
If nasal sprays or decongestants are used for more than 3 days, the nose will become stuffier than ever. The natural way to treat a stuffy nose is by dissolving a teaspoon of salt in a pint of water, then use a nosedropper to drop it into your nose. Gently blow your nose on a tissue.
Sit In A Sauna
Researchers have found that if you indulge in a sauna twice a week or more, you are less likely to catch a cold. The high temperature may block the cold virus from reproducing.
Make Your Home Tropical
The lack of humidity is a major issue in catching a cold. When the nose and tonsils are dry, they cannot trap germs efficiently. It becomes difficult to sneeze and cough, so it's difficult to expel germs from the body. Turning down the thermostat and turning on a room humidifier keeps virus-laden mucus flowing out of your body.
People under high levels of psychological stress are twice as likely to develop a cold as those who report low stress levels.
The Bread We Buy-10 Alarming Facts
1) From Mount Rainier Clinic
Deceptive marketing practices are widespread. Much of the bread now marketed as "whole-wheat bread" is the same old refined white bread with a little brown coloring added. That coloring is usually burnt sugar, listed on the label as caramel. One manufacturer even added sawdust to replace the lost bran, calling it cellulose on the label and advertising it as "high-fiber" bread. It is legal to describe inferior flour as "whole wheat" on the label, even when the bran and germ have been removed in high-speed roller mills.
2) From AD Health Facts
The average person eats about 100 pounds or so of commercial bread each year. Besides eating the refined flour, the average person also eats these toxic items in the grain products: 2 pounds of salt, 3 pounds of sugar, 2 pounds of skim milk powder, 2 pounds of yeast, 1 pound of enzyme-activator, 1/2 pound of sulfate, chloride and bromate chemicals, and 1/4 pound of other food additives. When all of these chemicals and nonfoods are eaten together, a multi-toxic effect occurs that has never been thoroughly studied by scientists. Surely, the cumulative effect of daily intake of such chemicals present in bakers bread must be definitely disease-inducing over time.
3) From The Messenger
Some consequences caused by over consumption of refined white flours:
Nervousness Insomnia Constipation Edema Dandruff Dermatitis Tooth Decay Fatigue Anorexia Food Allergies Muscle Weakness Increased Cholesterol Digestive Weakness Premature Graying Aging Impaired Immune System
4) From Walton Feed
*The calorie content of refined white flour actually increases about 10% because of everything else that has been taken out.
*An average 66% of the B vitamins have been removed.
*An average 70% of all minerals have been removed.
*79% of the fiber has been removed.p
*An average of 19% of the protein has been removed.p
5) From Wholehealthmd.com
Bleached flour: When freshly milled, flour is slightly yellow. To whiten it, manufacturers either let the flour age naturally or speed up the process by adding chemicals (such as benzoyl peroxide or acetone peroxide) that bleach it.
6) From SmartNutritionGuide.com
Chemicals used in making bread today.
7) From AD Health Facts
Some of the chemicals used as dough conditioners are similar to the anti-freeze mix used for automobile radiators. One of the chemicals used as a dough conditioner is polyexy ethelyne monosterate. Workers in factories where this chemical is made have been known to develop skin rashes, even from the fumes. Polyexy ethelyne monosterate is also used in making peanut butter, ice cream, candy, and salad dressings.
8) From Mount Rainier Clinic
Look for a loaf that states "only 100% stone-ground whole-wheat flour" on the label. Refrigerate it. Expect it to be heavier and chewier. Squeeze it. If your fingers go in easily and the bread springs back, it is not a nutritious loaf. If you don't eat it within a day or two, freeze it until needed. Expect to pay more. Whole-grain bread does not rise as much and contains more wheat than the same size loaf of refined bread. You are paying for more grain, more time for production, and less air. You will be much better nourished as a result.
9) From Womenfitness.net-
The flour used to make white bread is chemically bleached, just like you bleach your clothes. So when you are eating white bread, you are also eating residual chemical bleach. Flour mills use different chemical bleaches, all of which are pretty bad. Here are a few of them: oxide of nitrogen, chlorine, chloride, nitrosyl and benzoyl peroxide mixed with various chemical salts.p
One bleaching agent, chloride oxide, combined with whatever proteins are still left in the flour, produces alloxan. Alloxon is a poison and has been used to produce diabetes in laboratory animals. Chlorine oxide destroys the vital wheat germ oil. It will also shorten the flours shelf life and nurture insects.
10) From Healthcastle.com
Being brown doesn't make bread necessary whole wheat or whole grain! Some brown bread indeed is added with brown coloring. You may find it listed on the label usually as "caramel coloring"!!! In addition, the term "multi-grain" bread, "rye" bread, "5 grain" or "7 grain" bread also doesn't mean that they always use whole grain in their formulation. In United States and Canada, only bread labeled with "whole wheat" truly uses whole wheat flour in their processing. Other "wheat bread" may simply use a combination of white refined flour and whole wheat flour. The key word to look for is "whole"!!
SUGAR: A DEADLY KILLER
As you take a look at the following side affects of sugar, ask yourself how many of the health hazards you are experiencing. I have highlighted in blue just how much sugar contributes to cancer.-Richard Markland
From www.nancyappleton.com.-Sugar Can Ruin Your Health
1. Sugan can suppress the immune system.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection.
6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you lose.
7. Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins.
8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
9. Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate and rectum.
10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
13. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
14. Sugar raises the level of neuotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine.
15. Sugan can cause hypoglycemia.
16. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive tract.
17 Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
18. Sugar malabsorbtion is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
19. Sugar can cause premature aging.
20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
22. Sugar contributes to obesity.
23. High intake of sugar causes changes frequently found in persons with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
25. Sugar can cause arthritis.
26. Sugar can cause asthma.
27. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections).
28. Sugar can cause gallstones.
29. Sugar can cause heart disease.
30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
31. Sugar can cause multiple scierosis.
32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
35. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
36. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
38. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
39. Sugar can lower the amount of vitamin E in the blood.
40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
41. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
42. Sugar can increase systolic blood pressure.
43. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
44. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products.
45. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
46. Sugar cause food allergies.
47. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
48. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
49. Sugar can contribute to eczemia in chidren.
50. Sugar can caus cardiovascular disease.
51. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
52. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
53. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of the collagen.
54. Sugar can cause cataracts.
55. Sugar can cause emphysema.
56. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
57. Sugar can promote an elevation of low density lipoproteins.
58. High Sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in the body.
59. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function.
60. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson's Disease.
61. Sugar can cause a permanent altering the way of proteins act in the body.
62. Sugar can increase the size of the liver by making the liver cells divide.
63. Sugar can increase the amount of liver fat.
64. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
65. Sugar can damage the pancreas.
66. Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
67. Suger is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.
68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).
69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
70. Sugar can make the tendons more brittle.
71. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
72. Sugar plays a role in pancreatic cancer in women.
73. Sugar can adveresely affect school children's grades and cause learning disorders.
74. Sugar can cause and increase in delta, alpha and theta brain waves.
75. Sugar can cause depression.
76. Sugar the increase of gastric cancer.
77. Sugar can cause dyspepsia (indigestion).
78. Sugar can increase your risk of getting gout..
79. Sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the idgestion of complex carbohydrates.
80. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
81. High refined sugar diet reduces learning capacity.
82. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of the two blood proteins, albumin, and lipoproteins.
83. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer's disease.
84. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.
85. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance, some hormones become underactive and others become overactive.
86. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
87. Sugar can lead to the hypothalamus (in the brain) to become highly sensitive to a large variety of stimuli.
88. Sugar can lead to dizziness.
89. Diets high in sugar can cause free radicals and oxidative stress.
90. High sucrose diets of subjects with perpheral vascular disease significantly increases platelet adhesion.
91. High Sugar diet can lead to bilary tract cancer.
92. Sugar feeds cancer.
93. High Sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associatied with a twofold increased risk for delivering a small for gestational age infant.
94. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents.
95. Sugar slows food's travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.
96. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
97. Sugar increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.
98. Sugar combines and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more dificult.
99. Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.
100. Sugar is an addictive substance.
101. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
102. Sugar can exacerbate PMS.
103. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide they produce.
104. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.
105. The body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.
106. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.
107. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
108. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.
109. Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function.
110. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.
111 I.V.'s (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to the brain.
112. High sucrose intake could be an important risk factor in lung cancer.
113. Sugar increases the risk of polio.
114. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.
115. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
116. In Intensive Care Units: Limiting sugar saves lives.
117. Sugar may induce cell death.
118. Sugar may impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in living organisms.
119. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.
120. Sugar can cause gastric cancer.
121. Sugar dehydrates newborns.
122. Sugar can cause gum disease.
123. Sugar increases the estradiol in young men.
124. Sugar can cause low birth-weight babies.
Copyright © SevenTimes. All rights reserved.